PRESENTATIONS & DISCUSSION FORUM
Advance With Transmission Raman
The Evolution of Transmission Raman Spectroscopy in Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing
Date: 5 October, 2021
Broadcast #1: 12pm Singapore / 3pm Sydney
Broadcast #2: 10am London / 11am Paris / 2.30pm Mumbai
Broadcast #3: 12pm PDT / 2pm CDT / 3pm EDT
Duration: Approximately 75 minutes
Learn from the experts at Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GSK and MMIC.
It has been around 15 years since Prof Pavel Matousek of the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory first reported that transmission Raman spectroscopy (TRS) was viable for whole tablet analysis. This was a paradigm shift in how tablets could be analysed for content uniformity and API morphology in a matter of seconds without destroying the tablet. Development of a practical platform for exploitation has evolved and led to successful applications delivered as part of commercial pharmaceutical regulatory submissions. Although there is a shift in the primary method, for example, for content uniformity, there still remains synergy between spectroscopy and chromatography, particularly in method development and verification. Understanding this synergy has been part of the journey leading to success.
Expert Presenters & Panellists
These presentations and discussion forum are represented by stakeholders and experts who have been involved in delivery of applications and have a vision of where the technology needs to be with the evolution of innovative drug development workflows and advanced manufacturing capabilities.
By attending you will learn about:
- The benefits for targeted implementations of TRS in pharmaceutical development and manufacture
- The business justification for the transition from conventional/traditional methods
- The route to implementation of TRS and the regulatory submission for manufactured products
- The important role of HPLC for successful quantitative TRS method development and verification
- The barriers and challenges including cultural, regulatory, and scientific.
- Where the technology is now and what is needed for the future
- What can TRS ultimately achieve in bringing benefits to drug development and manufacture
To register for this educational event, simply complete the form to the right of this page.
'Advance with Transmission Raman' is Part 1 of the 'Advanced Pharmaceutical Technologies' series of learning events including presentations and discussions covering transmission Raman spectroscopy, handheld Raman for raw material ID, data integrity and compliance, and automation in dissolution. Click on the buttons at the top of this page to find out more on the other events in this series.